I have almost completed my Erik Gonzalez 100 and will likely start posting the list in the next week or so, but to get things rolling, I will post my top 10 favorite “Live” albums. I didn’t count live albums in my EK100 (except for one exceptional case), so this list is separate from the Top 100 for the most part. I feel I should mention that, on the whole, I don’t get too excited about live albums, I mean, not like the rabid Phish or Pearl Jam fans out there who want to own every concert the band has ever performed. Mostly, I feel that live albums can be a bit of a bore, but these stand out in my mind. Feel free to comment, but remember what rules I’m playing by here if you’re upset I left something out.
EK100 Top 10 Live Albums
- Johnny Cash – At San Quentin/At Folsom Prison
- Ministry – In Case You Didn’t Feel Like Showing Up
- Nirvana – Unplugged in New York
- They Might Be Giants – Severe Tire Damage
- Built to Spill – Live
- Mighty Mighty Bosstones – Live at the Middle East
- The Police – Live!
- Depeche Mode – 101
- Rufus Wainwright – Rufus Does Judy at Carnegie Hall
- Morrissey – Live at Earls Court